Monday, August 18, 2008

Still Reading

I'm still working on Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, and not rushing myself with it one little bit. This book is a must-read for anyone who eats. First, you should read The Omnivore's Dilemma and then this. It is very serendipitous that I began this book, a birthday gift last year from my dear mother-in-law, in high summer as my green beans are producing their little hearts out and my cherry tomatoes are ripening a handful a day. This book is lush with the joy of a love for good food, simply but well prepared.

As I read, the author and her husband just visited Italy where she fell in love with the food and the people. As a second generation Italian, I can say with authority.....what's not to like?


2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

I am taking this one slow too. It seems like a not to be rushed book. I do want to read Omnivore but my pile is getting so tall I fear I will get lost in the pile! I am on the library list for a CD copy of Omnivore to listen to when I am driving back and forth to my various campuses for work. I listened to Fast Food Nation at the beginning of summer and it was a good "listening" book.

Anonymous said...

Animal Vegetable Miracle is probably one of my all-time favorite reads. It's definitely worth savoring.