Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Book Two Finished

I finished Charming Billy by Alice McDermott, winner of the 1998 National Book Award and I'm glad I stuck it out. I decided that in order to finish this book I would have to give up trying to keep the characters straight and just read for dialog. Doing that worked well and I was able to keep going.

I just started The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde, winner of the Alex Award in 2003 and after that a book from daughter Kate, The Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri, a dual winner of the 1999 PEN/ Hemingway award and the Pulitzer Prize in 2000.

Part of this challenge is to read from at least five different awards and it looks like I'm well on my way!


1 comment:

Juliann in WA said...

Great job on the Awards challenge. I have read two for my list which really beats my start last year.