Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Book Thief


I rushed to finish The Book Thief by Markus Zusak last night not because I wanted to rush, but because the book was due today and had other people waiting for it. I love my library and try to be a good customer and get things back on time.

I can't even begin to express how much I loved this book. Originally released in Australia (the author's home) as an adult book, it was later released in the U.S. and Europe as Young Adult fiction. I'd recommend it for anyone over 12 and will certainly be seeking out a used copy for my library at home.

I've briefly outlined the plot in my previous post, so I won't repeat myself, but I urge anyone interested in this time period to get this book. It is well worth the read.

Last weekend was also our Friends of the Sonoma County Library semi-annual book sale, so I stopped by on Sunday for half-price day. I was able to pick up quite a few Pulitzer winners for my project and a few books for my hubby. At fifty cents each, who can resist?

2 comments:

Juliann in WA said...

Yes - you need a copy of you own. I got mine at a used bookstore. I know I will want to visit these characters again.

Anonymous said...

Singe!!